November 05, 2008

Latinos Surrounding Obama

MABB © ®

Here is an article, in Spanish, talking about the Latinos surrounding Obama. Obama himself admitted he does not much about the region and thus it is important to get to know the people with whom he intends to associate in order to get advice.

One guy, Dan Restrepo, was already mentioned in the prior post but the rest not. I only know Arturo Valenzuela from his academic work. The rest of the guys are: Riordan Roett, Gregory Craig and Frank Sanchez (I am not sure about the link).

And, here is an article in Times magazine about why Bolivia is quiting the US war on drugs.

2 comments:

Norman said...

Miguel, I followed your link to the Time magazine article and found this quote from Obama's victory speech:

"To those Americans whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your president, too."

If only morales would think like that.

dv said...

Los asesores de Obama para A.Latina son Bob Gelbard (sacó la Ley 1008) y Valenzuela, de quien se sabe fue intimo de Goni.