My name is Miguel A. Buitrago. Welcome to my blog. If you want to know more about me visit my personal website. Thank you! Happy readings!!!

October 02, 2007

Bolivian History Online

MABB © ®

It is always fascinating to find how much history is being placed online. This time I have found the website: American Memory from the Library of Congress. This website collects historical documents and images, mainly from American history. However, if you do a search, you can find some interesting documents on Bolivia, as well as many other countries in the world, I guess.

For instance, I found this report from a Lt. Gibbon, who traveled through Peru, Bolivia and a bit of Brazil and wrote his impressions on the places he saw and his experiences (pages 130 on). The report was presented to Congress in 1854.

Also, I found various interesting pictures. For example, I found three panoramic views, one of Sucre and two of La Paz (here and here), from 1915.

No comments: